Skip to main content

I saw her, I love what I saw and I went for her. I had share a few times about our past, so you may know little.

I saw her, I love what I saw and I went for her. I had share a few times about our past, so you may know little.
After things started getting serious and beautiful. I planned a move to surprise her; so I told her to meet me at a quite place. I was going to propose to her.
Before then I had the conviction that she is the one.
It was in the night. The sky was bright and the stars were made for the 'hour'. It was awesome!
Not long she showed up; there were so much of 'beautiful exchanges'. While we continue to get along, she decided to 'head up' first. I was so interested to hear her talk about things. The love was new!
But My heart discontinued when she broke it to me that she was an asthmatic person and not only that, she was always having this frequent chronic stomach pain that had lasted for 7 years.
I remained numbed while she tried telling all. My eyes went blur. Those unwanted 'water' busted to made it so. I could not hide my feelings. She told me she was sorry.
"Don't be" I replied.
Apparently, she must have seen my love for her, 'burning' right inside my eyes. Our meeting had end on the 'spot'. It was an unpleasant news to deal with.
Something inside me said it won't work. She is going to be a liability.
I remained silent still.
She left first without saying goodbye. I reluctantly stood up; and That walk home was the longest ever. I cried like a scrawny. That was March 12, 2012.
I prayed about it. I'm not that kind of spiritual holy brother. I only asked God why he allowed me to love someone this much just to make me feel hurt. It was more of a 'charge-prayer' than a plea. As it is written: God is love, love is God! If it be so, then let love lead.
In the morning around 6am, I walked about 300m to her place. she woke up to my marriage proposal. And It was a  "YES".
I took it upon myself to come over fear, it remains the toughest and greatest decision I've taken ever.
She lived with it ( we both lived with it) and i saw it as part of my new life.
Not a few who also will read this, rallied round for us. They all know what I'm talking about. It was always an unpleasant experience.
We got married 2015 Jan 7th; after a long wait. Late that year I went to serve in Abia state when I suddenly remember my wife's health situation having seen someone 'losing' her breath during a 'March-past'. I made a call right away to check on my asthmatic wife, and also having failed to ask for a while concerning her health and when last she had experience the asthmatic attack.
Her reply was beyond belief. she told me the last time she had both the chronic stomach pain and the asthmatic attack was days before our wedding. As at then when I asked, the wedding was 10 months. That is, she didn't experience any of the pains for 10 months. I didn't believe! She insisted. But truly there wasn't any time she complained. I realized.
As I write, it's 4 years and its all gone. Gone forever!
There were somethings she was restricted not to do, not to eat, where to go... But That is not the same any longer.
Things have changed. And I love it now when she fry me plantain, she couldn't do that before! It was our first miracle after wedding.
Love healed us. God who is also love changed her story.
You see, Those things which are yours, do not lose because of certain challenges.
People may not look so good; their lives may look marred but who knows, YOU may be the missing puzzle needed to make their life complete.
Thank you for reading!
Written by Oluwanishola Akeju

Comments

  1. Mashaallah this really touch me as Something Similar is Happening to me May God See Us through Ameen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to correct your wives without Hurting her Feelings (13 ways)

HOW TO CORRECT YOUR WIVES WITHOUT HURTING HER FEELINGS Most men hurt their wives in the name of correcting them. They speak harshly, they are so rash in their approach and can be brutal. Lots of women are living their lives in bitterness and anger due to the careless ways their husbands have been talking to them every time. Here, you will be able to know the right ways to talk to your wife without hurting her. 1.       LOWER YOUR VOICE: Don’t shout at her, she is not your housemaid, she is not a child. You can correct YES, but why shouting at her? 2.       DO IT IN LOVE: Correcting should be done in love. If done in any other way, it turns to criticism and condemnation. 3.       DON’T CRITICIZE: Stop criticizing her, rather correct in love. Most will say its constructive criticism, true? It means disapproval by pointing out errors and mistakes. Correction is the act of offering better options to mistakes. Correction and criticism are never the same. Husband A will say, what

Everyone is running their own RACE, in their own TIME. Don’t be violent or mean to yourself for no reason other than just because your path is different from the person’s path beside you.

*TIME IS SOMETHING* She is married at the age of 21. - Oh and I’m still single at 35. She’s momming three kids. - Oh and I am 10 years married and have none. She is a manager in an international company. - Oh, we graduated together and I am still jobless. She travels the world . - Oh and I have never been abroad. Job title, income, grades, house, and Instagram and Facebook  likes—the number of categories in which we can compare ourselves to others are infinite. Where is it expected from you to be a doctor or engineer, get married by 21 and have mortgaged house and 3 kids by 26. RELAX. You’re not LATE. You’re not EARLY. Everyone is running their own RACE, in their own TIME. Don’t be violent or mean to yourself for no reason other than just because your path is different from the person’s path beside you. Be your own cheerleader. Stop comparing yourself with others and instead refocus all that energy internally and focus on how you can become the best versio

Ruling on women spending of their own wealth without their husbands permission

Ruling on women spending of their own wealth without their husbands permission      Question I am a working woman, and I have a salary from which I spend on myself and my home, I give some to my family and I give some in charity, and so on. Many of the arguments that I have with my husband arise because of the way I spend my money. Does my husband have the right to object to the way I spend my money? Do I have to ask for his permission when I want to spend any of my money? Answer Praise be to Allah. Undoubtedly the free adult person who is of sound mind and discernment is permitted to dispose of his own wealth with no restrictions as long as he is alive, whether he is buying, renting, giving a gift, establishing a Waqf (endowment) or any other kind of transaction. There is no dispute among the scholars on this point. There is also no dispute among the scholars concerning the fact that the husband does not have the right to object to the way his wife handles her wealth